Saturday, February 11, 2012

increasingly enlightened

Founded in 1825, Bnai Jeshurun was the second synagogue founded in New York. 

Just like our ClockTower, the synagogue for the Congregation B’Nai Jeshurun is listed on the National Historic Register.

Designed by a celebrated theatre architect, the building at 257 West 88th in Manhattan was completed in 1917.

Once a day sunlight covers exactly half as it brightens the facade.

Come over from the dark side!

No comments:

Post a Comment